In 5 days from today we leave the United States for 3 whole months. FIVE DAYS GUYS. It finally hit me that we are moving out of Portland and are about to embark on an adventure of a lifetime. We will surely miss Portland (especially during this time of year, as Oregon summers are the best), and the people and places that we've grown fond of.
On Sunday we rented a U-Haul to move most of our furniture and whatever stuff we had packed in boxes. Despite the heat, it wasn't that bad! It didn't take us as long as we anticipated, and breaking up the moving into two different days has already proven to be less stressful.
 |
| Hot n sweaty, but half of our home is now stored! |
Since Adam's last day at his job was last Friday, he's been a trooper and been busy packing up the rest of the apartment, cleaning, and driving our cats (aka fur babies, aka Barack and Juneau) down to Salem (they're staying with their Grandma ;)). I've also been able to pack most of my things for the trip and helping out when I can.
 |
| We already miss these gremlins. Luckily we'll get to see them one last time before they leave! |
Today we leave for Coeur d'Alene to cheer my dad on in the Ironman (wish him luck!). It'll be a fun mini vacation before our big vacation ;). I'm excited to see my parents and spend some time with them before leaving the country. Even though we don't live in the same state, I feel like I've managed to still be in close contact and see them often, so I will definitely miss them!
Then come Monday, we'll pack up the rest of our apartment. Tuesday will be my last day at Nike, then Wednesday we take off for Iceland!
-Alyssa
No comments:
Post a Comment